With Proper Maintenance, Wood Will Last a Lifetime
Cutting and food preparation surfaces made of solid hardwood butcher block are food-safe, cutlery-friendly and will endure a lifetime of use when properly maintained. Follow these cleaning and care tips to extend the life and performance of visit our site your butcher block surface.
Durakryl 102® Finished Butcher Block
Wood Welded® butcher block countertops, commercial foodservice tops, islands, industrial/institutional bench tops and locker benches come factory finished with DURAKRYL 102®, a UV light-cured, food-safe protective finish that is resistant to stains and safe for most cleaning products and viagra cheap solvents.
For best results, clean finished butcher block surfaces with soapy water or commonly available kitchen counter top cleaners. Do not use abrasives or powder cleansers. Do not allow moisture stand on the surface for prolonged periods of time.
Should a stubborn spill—like red wine—stain the surface, it can be easily removed with a bleach solution or finger nail polish remover with no damage to the finish.
Cutouts & Cutoffs
If the butcher block top is modified by cutting, machining or sanding, the finish must be reapplied to prevent cracking, delamination and/or warping. These modifications must be sealed immediately to prevent moisture change within the cost viagra top.
We strongly recommend using Wood Welded’s Good Stuff® Urethane Gel, an easy-to-use, clear satin protective finish. Note: modification will void the warranty.
Wood Welded butcher block is suited for cutting and food preparation directly on the surface, however, this may degrade the finish, requiring the block to be refinished more quickly. The decision to anfasnavarra.org refinish should be based on personal preference.
Oiled or Unfinished Butcher Block
Wood Welded butcher block cutting boards, chopping blocks, specialty boards and gourmet products come factory finished with food-safe mineral oil. Although the block was oiled during construction, it may have dried during storage and shipping, therefore it is recommended the butcher block be oiled with Emmet’s Elixir™ or mineral oil prior to use.
To maintain unfinished butcher block, follow these handy tips:
1. Before use, oil the cutting surface with food grade mineral oil or Emmet’s Elixir, an all-natural, anti-microbial wood conditioner.
2. Be sure to coat the the best choice top, bottom, ends and edges of the block every time you oil it. Apply oil often, especially when the block appears to be dry.
3. DO NOT submerse the board in water. Instead, clean it with a wet cloth or sponge using a mild liquid detergent. You can use a disinfecting cleanser or a mixture of 1 tsp. chlorine bleach to 1 quart of water. Rinse well. Do not use powder cleanser.
4. Allow the board to dry in a rack or with the board standing on celtic-irish.co.uk edge to ensure sufficient air flow all the way around the board.
5. To increase the life of the board, flip it over and use both sides. When determining how often to click here oil a block, the general rule of thumb is once a day for a week upon purchase; once a week for a month; and once a month forever. The block should be oiled whenever the wood starts to look dry and chalky.